viernes, 15 de mayo de 2009

GEORGIE BOY

Quotes from George Best, one of the greatest football players ever.

Pain is temporary, glory...lasts forever!"

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

"I used to go missing quite a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World."

[On
David Beckham:] "He cannot kick with his left foot, he cannot head a ball, he cannot tackle and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that he's all right."

"If I had been born ugly, you would never have heard of
Pelé."

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life."

[When
Michael Parkinson asked how soon before kick-off George had made love:] "Half time!"

"I've stopped drinking, but only while I'm asleep."

[On
Paul Gascoigne:] "I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: 'What's an IQ?'"

[On
Paul Gascoigne:] "They say Paul Gascoigne is the new George Best but has he shagged three Miss Worlds?"

"They say I slept with seven Miss Worlds but I didn't. It was only four. I didn't turn up for the other three."

"I might go to Alcoholics Anonymous, but I think it would be difficult for me to remain anonymous."

"(a reporter called Sue Mott while taking Best's phone number said: "God, do you realise half the women in the world would pay good money to get that number"): Best: "Half the women in the world have got it".

[On
Cristiano Ronaldo:] "There have been a few players described as the new George Best over the years, but this is the first time it's been a compliment to me."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario